Satellite Communication Systems Engineer
Reference ARG_0620: Apply for this position.
Location: Torino (Italy), Argotec Lab.
The candidate will work independently and also in a team, in order to define, design and test communication systems for space applications. The activities will include:
- Design of RF communication systems for satellite platforms and payloads;
- Design of telecommunication satellite constellations;
- Definition of system requirements and architecture;
- Analysis and definition of technical budgets (link, data, power, etc.);
- Validation of design by means of analysis and simulations;
- Verification and validation planning and supervision of test activity;
- Technical and programmatic interface with customers and suppliers.
- Degree: Master’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Electronics Engineering;
- Working experience: at least 5 years in relevant position;
- High flexibility and team-working skills;
- Fluent spoken and written English.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES & SKILLS
- Previous experience in space projects (industrial and/or academic);
- Relevant experience in digital wireless communication systems design;
- Knowledge of communication satellite architectures;
- Knowledge of digital communication and modulation (e.g. PSK, QAM);
- Experience in analysis of satellite communications systems in non-geostationary orbit;
- Experience in Software-Defined Radio (SDR) design;
- Overall system design life cycle including: requirements definition, architectural design, verification and validation, non-conformances management, technical documentation drafting, technical and project joint reviews with customers and suppliers;
- Good knowledge of ECSS and CCSDS standards.
- Knowledge of ITU Radio Regulations and U.S. satellite regulations;
- Knowledge of orbital dynamics;
- Knowledge of positioning and ranging systems;
- Usage of DOORS for requirements management;
- Proficient use of MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++ software development;
- Knowledge of GNU Radio framework;
- RF circuit simulation, analysis and optimization for systems up to 10 GHz;
- Knowledge of antenna design and RF wave propagation;
- Knowledge of transceiver design, impedance matching, filter design and low noise amplifiers;
- Basics of electronic FMEA and FTA.
This announcement is aimed at both sexes, under laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to people of all ages and all nationalities, under legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03.
Latest NewsView All
Marco Montemagno interviews David Avino, Argotec Managing Director. Space Economy, microsatellites, vision, Mars, future…Don’t miss this interesting chat!
Despite the Covid-19 emergency, Argotec is investing, hiring and presenting a new project: ANDROMEDA. ANDROMEDA is an innovative nanosatellite constellation for the lunar environment able to reconvert itself to face the global health emergency. For a long time, the company has studied using its Hawk satellite platform to develop a lunar constellation able to provide […]
It is very difficult to ignore what we, and the people all over the world, are experiencing during the Covid 19 emergency situation these weeks. Our CEO, David Avino, on behalf of Argotec wants to express our opinion about this situation. A positive and determined message about Argotec’s vision and approach. Enjoy your reading! #ThisIsArgotec […]
Argotec is building a new team and developing new skills at the European Astronaut Centre (EAC) in Cologne, Germany. Argotec increased its knowledge after its long-term work experience at the Astronaut and flight controllers training field at EAC. This new experience allowed to support the European Space Agency in the area of team management for […]
From the 17th to the 21st November we will be in Dubai!!! Discover our projects and activities at the Dubai Air Show 2019. See you at stand 6, Italian Pavilion. For further information: https://www.dubaiairshow.aero/
Today Argotec “lands” on Borsa Italiana for a day. Within a suggestive location, the company and its partners Audi, Reale Mutua and ELITE talked about the Argotec Sharing Space Economy and the commercial potential offered by the contamination between the space and businesses belonging to different fields. Press Release – Italian Version