Senior Telecommunications Engineer
We are a professional and dynamic organization, which provides the best opportunities for development and greater responsibilities. To contribute to our growth, we are looking for a skilled candidate in telecommunication systems.
Location: Torino (Italy), Argotec Lab.
The candidate will be part of a team in charge of the design, development and testing of very innovative communication systems for space applications. The activities will include:
- Design of satellite communication infrastructures;
- Design of wireless communication systems for satellite platforms and payloads;
- Definition of system requirements and architecture;
- Analysis and definition of technical budgets (link, data, power, etc.);
- Validation of design by means of analysis and simulations;
- Verification and validation planning and supervision of test activity;
- Technical and programmatic interface with customers and suppliers.
- Master’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Electronics Engineering;
- Good communicator and team player;
- Flexible and cooperative person;
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written;
- Working experience: at least 5 years;
- Experience in team management.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES & SKILLS
- Relevant experience in digital wireless communication systems design;
- Knowledge of digital communication and modulation (e.g. PSK, QAM);
- Experience with wireless communications using S- to Ka- bands frequencies
- Experience in Software-Defined Radio (SDR) design;
- Knowledge of satellite communications
- Good knowledge of overall system design life cycle including: requirements definition, architectural design, verification and validation, non-conformances management, technical documentation drafting, technical and project joint reviews with customers and suppliers.
- Previous experience in space projects (industrial and/or academic) is a plus;
- Experience with IEEE 802.11 and 802.16 standards (WLAN, WiMAX);
- Knowledge of positioning (GPS, GNSS, etc.) and ranging systems;
- Knowledge of antenna design and microwave propagation;
- Knowledge of ECSS and CCSDS standards;
- Experience with ITU Radio Regulations;
- Proficient use of MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++ software development;
- Knowledge of transceiver design, impedance matching, filter design and RF amplifiers;
- Knowledge of electromagnetic compatibility analysis.
This announcement is aimed at both sexes, under laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to people of all ages and all nationalities, under legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03.
Latest NewsView All
For three years, Argotec has been working on ANDROMEDA, a constellation of micro-satellites that will provide support to voice, video, and data transmission for scientific, technological, and commercial activities on the Moon. To improve this service, Argotec is also working on the first terminal that will be able to connect to this constellation, providing a […]
Argotec presents CARL (Satellite Attitude Control based on Reinforcement Learning), an innovative project that aims to develop an attitude control system for microsatellites based on Artificial Intelligence techniques. Argotec’s R&D department has been working on studies dedicated to the application of Machine Learning practices on microsatellite missions for years. CARL fits into the picture of […]
Today we joined the kick-off meeting of Quango, a new project that aims to design a secure communication network implementing Quantum technologies, 5G communications, and nanosatellites. More specifically, Quango aims to design a 12U-CubeSat low-earth-orbit satellite constellation, deployed in an orbit in space at 600km, that will combine capabilities for secure communications with QKD and […]
Argotec has won the announcement MARS COMMS/NAV promoted by the European Space Agency (ESA) in order to study and identify the most promising technologies in the field of Mars communications and navigation activities. The interest addressed to the red planet and all the activities connected is very high. As the prime contractor in a consortium […]
On September 16th, Riccardo Fraccaro, the Undersecretary of State at the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, has visited Argotec. He was accompanied by an institutional delegation composed by the City Mayor Chiara Appendino, the Admiral Carlo Massagli, and the Council Member Marco Pironti . Within the company’s laboratories, the young Argotec team showed the […]
Marco Montemagno interviews David Avino, Argotec Managing Director. Space Economy, microsatellites, vision, Mars, future…Don’t miss this interesting chat!
Despite the Covid-19 emergency, Argotec is investing, hiring and presenting a new project: ANDROMEDA. ANDROMEDA is an innovative nanosatellite constellation for the lunar environment able to reconvert itself to face the global health emergency. For a long time, the company has studied using its Hawk satellite platform to develop a lunar constellation able to provide […]